Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chapter 20: On His Niece, Natalie Aubrielle

I spent the past two days with middle school students in a city called Weihai. It was really great, and I had some fantastic moments, but that is not the point of this post.

In Nigeria, I found out that my sister was pregnant and due on September 2. Part of me was hoping that the baby would come while I was in the US, but (thankfully) she did not come. So I moved to China and knew that I would not get to meet this little girl until she was almost 2.

Back to Weihai: I was hoping that I would be able to Skype with my family when Leann went into labor. If not that, I was hoping to Skype with them pretty soon after the baby was born. Unfortunately, I was at fall camp when little Natalie was born, so I still have not had the chance to talk to my family. It's hard.

Now, I'm not the hugest fan of babies (though some of the staff babies here are doing their best to change that!), but as soon as I saw my brother-in-law's picture of my niece on Facebook, I was a fan of her.

I'm not sure how blessings work, but I couldn't help but kiss her digital forehead and say a prayer for her.
I am sure the good Lord can transmit the blessing of a kiss even through an avenue such as Facebook.

Natalie Aubrielle Symons, I wish I could hold you, but that day will come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please BE WISE with your words as this is a public website.